Although I’m more for salty breakfast, sometimes kids love sweet stuff. And I let them have it occasionally. Here is the great recipe for mini croissants. I filled them with apricot jam, but you can put strawberry, blackberry, some other homemade jam, chocolate, Nutella (recipe for homemade Nutella)… Or you can make them salty – just put cheese, ham, bacon or something else.
Also, you can use different types of flour. Just try and find the recipe that suits you. Take a glass of milk or yogurt and you have a breakfast. One is sure: kids love these mini croissants.
Mini Croissants Recipe
Ingredients that you need:
- 1 ½ lb. (700 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 oz. (10 g) instant yeast
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. lard (not melted)
- water (just enough to mix previous ingredients – ½ cup or so).
Put all dry ingredients into a bowl. Then add eggs and lard and stir using a spoon.
After that, start adding water slowly and knead with your hands until you get a homogeneous mass. This mass will be sticky. So wash your hands well and dry them. Then sprinkle flour and knead more to get a nice non-sticky dough.
Cut the dough to 8-10 pieces and make balls of them. Take a rolling pin and roll out one ball to look like pizza crust and then cut it on slices using a pizza cutter. Put one teaspoon of apricot jam to a slice and roll it into a croissant. Place it on a baking tray. And so on, until you do the rest of slices and balls.
After you finished, heat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and put the baking tray in. Bake for 25 minutes or until the croissants get nice golden color.
- The more you wait before baking – croissants will rise more. So if you want them smaller just pre-heat the oven earlier and put them in once they are shaped.
- The taste is better if you add a zest of one lemon into a dough.
- For easier kneading use warm water instead of cold.
Share the post "Mini Croissants Stuffed with Apricot Jam for Breakfast"