So many recipes for deviled eggs! And here we have one great suggestion. Tasty, healthy and nutritious. High in fat, low in carbs – you can eat these as a snack if you’re on some of the low-carb diets.
Deviled Eggs Recipe
The recipe makes 12 servings. Preparation time is 25 minutes, plus 25 minutes cooking. Nutritional value per serving: 82 Calories, 6.3 g Fat, 0.5 g Carbs, 5 g Protein.
Ingredients that you need:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 6 large eggs (boiled)
- 6 strips of bacon
- ½ Tbsp. chili powder
- ¼ juice of a lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- At first, fry the bacon in the frying pan until it is fully cooked but not too crispy.
Extract the bacon grease from the pan and run it through a sifter to get the fried bits and burnt pieces out of the grease. Set it aside.
Set aside half the bacon strips. Then place the remaining bacon strips into the food processor.
- Take previously boiled and cleaned eggs and cut them in half making sure to keep the whites whole, as they will be the eating vessel. Take out the yolks and add them to the bacon in the food processor.
- Slice the avocado in half. Carefully use the bottom end of the knife to take out the pit but sticking it in and twisting then pulling it out. Scoop out the avocado flesh and cut it into pieces. Put the avocados into the food processor.
Add a tablespoon of the reserved bacon grease, chili powder, the juice of quarter a lemon and the quarter of the lemon zest to the food processor. Slowly pulse until all the ingredients are combined. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and blend it all together until you have reached a smooth consistency.
- Add the contents of the food processor to the piping bag or Ziploc bag. Cut off the tip of the bag 1/4 of an inch up.
Carefully pipe the avocado egg mixture into each egg white. Chop up the remaining bacon strips into small slivers. Garnish each egg with the bacon bit slivers.
- Serve as an appetizer or side dish.
Note: Large avocado is recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocado adjust the quantity accordingly.
Share the post "Deviled Eggs with Avocado and Bacon – Delicious Low Carb Appetizer"