You already know the health benefits of chia seeds. In the most of the time, we make a chia pudding. But why not try something different. Probably you never tried something like this. Such as a coconut chia bars. They are Paleo and Low Carb.
Way of preparation – easy
- Prep time – 20 minutes
- Cooking time – 20 minutes
Coconut Chia Bars – Recipe
- 1.5 oz chia seeds
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2.5 oz finely grated coconut (flakes)
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin coconut oil (15 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of SF honey (15 ml) or some other sweetener as desired
- Vanilla aroma
- 2 oz of Indian nuts (Cashew)
Instructions how to make Coconut Chia Bars
- Pour the chia seeds into the water and leave them for some 15 minutes.
- Heat the oven at 400F (200 C).
- In a larger bowl, mix the soaked chia seeds with finely chopped coconut, coconut oil, vanilla and honey (or xylitol).
- Mix with your hands (or dough blade) until all ingredients are well bonded, and eventually mix whole Indian nuts.
- Pour the mixture into the baking pan, lined with baking paper
- The resulting mixture was rolled into a cube, approximately 20×20 cm
- Bake in a heated oven,
- Adjust the cooking time to the strength of your oven
- The cake is finished when the edges have a golden yellow color.
- Serve and enjoy
How to make homemade SF honey read here
Nutritional Information (for the whole measure)
- Calories 451, Protein 7 g, Carbs 30 g ( Fiber 15 g, Sugar 15 g), Fat 33 g
Share the post "So Usual But Unusual Dessert – Coconut Chia Bars"