Lately, the Psyllium husks have become very popular food supplements. This supplement is used for weight control and intestinal health. It’s health benefits are amazing. Therefore, basically, it’s a god for anyone who doesn’t get enough fiber from their diet!
Related Psyllium Revolution In Low-Carb Diet
It is a husk of the seed from the Plantago plant – it contains a spongy fiber that reduces appetite, improves digestion and cleanses the system! When it is combined with water, psyllium husk forms a gel (that is naturally gluten free!) that can help to keep the bowels regular and is far more gentle – and natural – than using a laxative.
3 Health Benefits of Psyllium Husk
Assists Weight Loss Goals
- Due to its bulking properties, psyllium husk can be a great aid for those seeking to lose weight. Taking it 30 minutes prior to a meal with a full glass of water allows the psyllium to expand, creating a full feeling!
- This can help those with bigger appetites to consume less. It can help to instill a healthier relationship with food in the long term. Consuming less food long term will inevitably help your stomach to shrink in size, therefore it will eventually become natural to require less food to reach satiety – in addition to added benefits of lower cholesterol and blood pressure!
A Great Natural Source of Fibre
- Low-carb, high-protein diets often eliminate cereals, whole grains, and fruits, meaning that the amount of dietary fiber is greatly reduced. Psyllium husk is an excellent source of fiber, with each teaspoon containing around 4g. Therefore, it is an easy way to quickly boost your intake if your diet leaves you lacking in this area!
Promotes Natural Bowel Movements
- Bowel function is essential to avoid problems like constipation, which can have a huge impact on how we feel on a daily basis!
- Psyllium husks in your diet can help to ensure that you get enough fiber in order to keep your digestive system healthy. Not only can it relieve problems like diarrhea, but it can also aid chronic illnesses like irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
Share the post "3 Amazing Health Benefits of Psyllium Husk"