Hemorrhoids are enlarged and swollen veins in the back of the intestine and rectum. They are located on the mucous membranes of the terminal part of the colon. Those are small bumps (nodules). They can be internal and external.
Both of them have common symptoms:
- itching and burning of the rectal area
- pain in the rectal area
- runny mucus
- bleeding of hemorrhoids.
What are the causes of hemorrhoids?
Too much pressure on the blood vessels in the pelvic and rectal area leads to swelling and stretching the vein. That is the main prerequisite for the formation of hemorrhoids.
Risk group for getting hemorrhoids include pregnant women; people that bring heavy loads; those who are sitting too much; people who suffer from chronic constipation; genetic condition; liver disease and a lot of other factors.
Standing (upright posture) also contributes to the formation of hemorrhoids. Ancient writings were found and saying that even pharaohs had a problem with hemorrhoids. Hence the name of the pharaoh’s disease.
Natural treatment of hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids are primarily provoked by a wrong way of life. In addition to the above-mentioned risk groups each of us may cause them in the following ways:
- poor diet – poor intake of fruits and vegetables (primarily low fiber intake)
- eating too much salty, spicy and acidic foods
- lack of physical activity
- insufficient intake of fluids (below 4 pints per day)
- alcoholic and carbonated beverages.
There are many creams and suppositories that modern medicine recommend us. We will not deal with chemistry, but we will give you some suggestions for natural treatment of hemorrhoids.
St. John’s Wort for a natural treatment of hemorrhoids
St. John’s Wort in olive oil suppresses pain and is often used for natural treatment of this condition.
- 4 tablespoons of buds (not flourished yet) put in a dark glass bottle and leave for 1 day.
- Then add 1 pint of olive oil and seal the bottle tightly.
- Leave it in the sun for 6-8 weeks.
- Then you can apply the oil directly to external hemorrhoids.
Also, you can add chamomile and cypress essential oil to St. John’s Wort oil.
Houseleek, lemon, and honey for natural treatment of hemorrhoids
- Wash the lemon and put it into the water with a teaspoon of baking soda and let it stand for 1 hour.
- Then remove it, rinse and cut into slices.
- Slices of lemon along with 10 oz. (300 g) of washed houseleek leaves grind and strain through cheesecloth.
- Add 1 lb. 10 oz. (750 g) of meadow honey and stir with a wooden ladle.
- Hold in the fridge. Every morning on an empty stomach take 1 tablespoon (apply about a month and a half).
This natural remedy you are preparing using fresh flowers of dandelion.
- Heat up 1 lb. (500 g) of unsalted pork fat to the warmest.
- Insert 40 fresh dandelion flowers in hot grease and leave it on the heat until boiling.
- When boiled immediately stir and remove from the heat.
- Leave covered to stay overnight at room temperature.
- The next day, heat the mixture just enough that you can strain it.
- Put the resulting ointment into a suitable container and gently rub it on the affected area several times a day.
Hygiene: after defecation is necessary to wash the anal region. Do not use harsh soaps and baths. It is best to clean it with water (not hot). Our recommendation is a neutral bath for babies.
Next, dry the anal region because the humidity is extremely suitable for the growth of bacteria.
Then apply the cream for hemorrhoids. Apply 2 to 3 times a day.
You will find in the pharmacies natural herbal creams for the healing of hemorrhoids. But carefully, read the label.
Creams and ointments containing calendula, immortelle, basil, and anise mostly don’t have undesired effects and can be safely used for the treatment of hemorrhoids naturally.
Share the post "Hemorrhoids won’t be a problem anymore with these natural remedies!"