Delicious clean ingredient, raw, no-bake, homemade Dark Chocolate Mint Thins are naturally vegan/ dairy-free, gluten-free, grain-free, paleo, sweetened naturally.
When I tried this recipe I was thrilled. I liked the combination of chocolate and mint. It’s sweet but refreshing. If you love this combination, then this dessert will be the right choice for you. Also, it’s appropriate for many diets.
Homemade Dark Chocolate Mint Thins – recipe
Makes about 12 patties. Preparation time 15 minutes, plus 10 for chilling.
Mint patty ingredients:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- pinch of sea salt or Himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or other liquid sweetener such as raw honey (not vegan) OR for zero calorie sweetener, use 3 drops of liquid Stevia + 3-4 tablespoons non-dairy milk (such as almond or coconut milk)
- 1/2 tablespoon natural mint extract
Raw chocolate topping ingredients:
- coconut oil – 2 tablespoons
- cacao powder – 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar or raw honey or maple syrup or drop of Stevia
First, melt all the coconut oil for the Mint Patty and Chocolate Topping, until it’s just barely melts but not hot.
In a medium bowl, mix in almond flour, coconut oil, salt, sweetener and mint extract. Form flat patties from the almond flour mint mixture. If it gets too soft to work with, place in the refrigerator for about 10-15 minutes to harden slightly.
Meanwhile, in another small bowl, mix all the ingredients for the chocolate topping and drizzle on top of the mint patties. You may need two coats to cover completely, place in the refrigerator to harden then add one more layer of raw chocolate. Return to the refrigerator to set completely once they are fully coated, or the freezer for just a few minutes to harden.
Serve straight from the refrigerator. Enjoy!
Note: Store them in the refrigerator for up to 7 days in an air tight container.
Share the post "Homemade Dark Chocolate Mint Thins – raw, gluten-free, grain-free, paleo"