What kind of meal is breakfast for weight loss? How will this one change take unwanted pounds? Breakfast is, of course, the most important meal of the day. He runs our body and in some way determines what and how we eat during the day. It has been shown that people who regularly eat breakfast lose weight more quickly than those who skip this meal. If you think that you will lose weight with just a cup of coffee and skipped meals – think again.
Metabolism and fat
The thing is quite simple – breakfast is our first meal after hours and hours of sleep. Since the last meal has been probably more than ten hours. If a healthy breakfast is the morning meal, we launch our metabolism at the time. Otherwise, if you do not eat until lunch (it will be more than 16 hours since the last meal), our body will take it as a time for “saving”. It will begin to keep energy in the form of the fat that will accumulate and not to burn. You need a meal full of protein and fiber, which will make you satiated till a late lunch, so you will not reach out for snacks, a source of extra calories.
Breakfast is not a cup of coffee. Since, you will only quickly starve; the body will look for food around noon, and therefore will reach out for junk food. Especially because hunger leads to a drop in blood sugar. And you will be prompted to sweet and fatty foods. These are empty calories that will “fill”, but with them you will not get the nutrients you need, so you’ll be tired and hungry.
Suggestions for Breakfast for Weight Loss
- Oatmeal with less fat milk with a bit of banana or other fruit.
- Cereals without sugar with less fat yogurt, milk and a fruit.
- Sandwich: two slices of whole wheat bread, a small piece of cooked chicken or turkey, tomatoes, leaf lettuce and mayonnaise with a little less fat.
- Two scrambled eggs with mushrooms, pepper and spices served with a slice of whole wheat toast.
- Toast or wholegrain crackers with some peanut butter and some fruit.
- Muesli with a light smoothie drink made of fruit, low-fat yogurt or milk.
- Poached eggs with spinach and wholegrain bread.
- Two soft-boiled eggs, salted biscuits oatmeal and a cup of yogurt.
- Oatmeal with ricotta or domestic low-fat cheese. A bit of almond and peach.
- Corn bread with low-fat cheese (or without) and a cup of yogurt.
- Polenta with less fat milk or sour cream or cheese.
You should avoid:
Pastries, muffins and donuts. They are full of fat and sugar and have very little nutritional value. Therefore, they have the same amount of calories like five slices of bread.
Fried foods. So bacon, sausages, burgers, barbecue definitely does not belong in a healthy choice for breakfast.
Muesli and cereals with lots of sugar (be sure to follow the ingredients). Better choose a combination of pure cereal with some fruit (or only with raisins and hazelnuts).
Finally, the snacks (which are called healthy) – breakfast bars, muesli tiles that are full of sugar.
Share the post "Healthy start to the day: Breakfast for Weight Loss"